Siemens (BT) Looks to Improve Global Productivity, Corporate Culture with Internal HR Complaints Tracking
Siemens Building Technologies Division
- Complaints were mentioned informally in meetings, emails or around the water cooler—places where the company could not effectively track or resolve those issues.
- The company wanted to capture internal complaints in order to manage the issues, improve productivity and employee satisfaction, while simultaneously change the corporate culture from “complaints are bad” towards “complaints are good” as they provide us with an opportunity for improvement.
- Web-based i-Sight Service and Complaints centralizes and formalizes internal complaint management in a structured way.
- The solution is easily adapted to BT processes and workflows–rather than requiring BT to change its processes to fit the software.
- The company can identify trends across locations, divisions or type, enabling corrective action.
- i-Sight automates the entire process, ensuring every issue is addressed and employees are kept informed.
- As the company educates employees on the importance of logging complaints, BT hopes the number of issues submitted actually increases.
- Proactive complaint management will elevate efficiency and improve the culture of the organization towards complaints.
"Complaint management is an efficiency driver. We’re changing the culture and philosophy toward complaints, putting the focus on complaints as an opportunity to improve."
- John O’Sullivan, Program Manager for Complaints Management, Siemens Building Technologies Division