Customer Complaint Resolution at the First Point of Contact
- Service & Complaints Guides
- A Practical Guide to Handling Consumer Complaints
- Best Practices in Handling Customer Complaints
- A Guide for Consumer Complaints Management
- 6 Steps to Achieve Customer Service Excellence
Empower Front Line Staff, Distributors, and Sales People
Consumers are likely to turn first to the place of their purchase -- retail store, service establishment, contractor, and so on -- to complain. Resolving complaints at this level avoids unnecessary consumer frustration and preserves the direct buyer/seller relationship. Moreover, it is likely to be relatively easy, quick and economical.
It is important that companies coordinate complaint management with others in their distribution network. Retailers, manufacturers and service outlets mutually benefit from keeping one another informed of complaints and complaint trends and cooperating when necessary to see that complaints are fully and satisfactorily resolved.
Manufacturers should encourage consumers and retailers to contact them when a dispute cannot be resolved at the place of purchase. Complaint systems at the retail level should be structured to isolate those matters that need the immediate attention of manufacturers. These include complaints that suggest possible design or production defects that affect product safety and performance. Also, complaints forwarded from the retail level can help manufacturers evaluate their own policies toward warranty coverage, for example, or identify advertising or labelling that needs to be clarified, or learn things about product performance or marketing that are revealed only after wide distribution.
Table of Contents
- Handling Complaints : A Critical Form of Communications
- Why is Complaint Handling Important?
- Management's Role
- Cost and Savings
- Complaint Handling Staff
- Publicizing the Complaint Management System
- Co-ordination with Others in the Distribution Chain
- Third-party Dispute Resolution
- Basic Steps for Effective Complaint Management
- Complaint Management Checklist
- Entire Guide