Complaints Management System: Management's Role
- Service & Complaints Guides
- A Practical Guide to Handling Consumer Complaints
- Best Practices in Handling Customer Complaints
- A Guide for Consumer Complaints Management
- 6 Steps to Achieve Customer Service Excellence
Demonstrate a committment to complaints management
Management attitudes are reflected in the conduct of employees and the performance of the company. Top-level commitment to effective complaint management establishes the motive and incentives for all personnel to strive for consumer satisfaction.
Management's responsibility begins with the preparation of written policies and procedures for speedy and fair complaint resolution. These policies and procedures should be put in writing and communicated to all appropriate departments, emphasizing the accountability of individual employees to resolve complaints courteously and fairly. Employees whose primary responsibility is sales or service, for example, may have difficulty resolving complaints objectively if they feel their performance rating could be adversely affected. If management establishes clear lines of authority, consumer problems should be solved quickly and effectively.
Management should regularly review and, when necessary, find ways to improve complaint-management procedures, paying particular attention to refining communication and coordination between the complaint-management and operating departments. Periodic surveys of consumers will reveal whether they feel they have been well served by the complaint-processing procedures, and whether they find the company's policies on refunds, repairs, exchanges and other forms of redress to be fair.
Table of Contents
- Handling Complaints : A Critical Form of Communications
- Why is Complaint Handling Important?
- Management's Role
- Cost and Savings
- Complaint Handling Staff
- Publicizing the Complaint Management System
- Co-ordination with Others in the Distribution Chain
- Third-party Dispute Resolution
- Basic Steps for Effective Complaint Management
- Complaint Management Checklist
- Entire Guide