Hubbell Customer Complaint System Measures Up to High ISO Standards
- The Service Excellence department found its progress limited by manual, cumbersome tracking in Excel spreadsheets.
- Customer issues were distributed across multiple departments, preventing a big-picture view and trend reporting.
- The department manager spent days preparing for ISO audits and hours on a month-end report.
- i-Sight is a case-based management system that allows action items to be assigned, and automatically sends reminders, alarms and escalations to keep all case managers on schedule.
- The software automatically emails customers as soon as issues are submitted to confirm receipt, again when the case has been assigned, and when the issue is resolved.
- Hubbell Canada has factual data at its fingertips with which to identify root causes and take corrective action.
- i-Sight reduces month-end reporting time dramatically, from hours to minutes.
- The company’s annual ISO audits are simpler now, reducing audit preparation time by several days.
- The company takes corrective action to reduce the costs associated with warranty claims and product issues.
- Real-time problem analysis and appropriate escalations ensure customers’ issues are addressed with urgency.
- Hubbell is completing longer-term trend analysis highlighting customer-focused opportunities to be reviewed by department managers and prioritized for its Kaizen business improvement process.
“Our ISO auditor was impressed when I sat down and gave him a test drive of our i-Sight system during an interim audit. In our most recent audit, he commented that, in the past three to four years, he’s seen us move from a distributed, disorganized feedback method to a centralized system that lets us analyze trends, close feedback loops and set expectations with customers.”
- Jason Bedford, Manager, Service Excellence