RBC Automates Complaint Management while Improving Communication with Clients
RBC Financial Group
- The Office of the Ombudsman managed complaints across multiple databases, making for inefficient entry of new cases and time-consuming searches of case data.
- Without automation of the 5-step resolution process, case investigations took longer to complete and staff members manually created notification letters for clients.
- The team lacked critical reporting capabilities to understand trends.
- i-Sight centralizes case management for the Client Ombudsman team and provides the Employee Ombudsman team with a centralized collection point for non-identifying data.
- The software automates the complete 5-step process, along with communication to key stakeholders.
- Required fields ensure all cases are entered consistently to support reporting.
- Ombudsman staff members can retrieve complete case information in seconds.
- Having a single system reduces the data entry time upfront by 5-10 minutes per case, and by about that much time again each time a staff member needs to look up the status of a case.
- With automation of the 5-step process, cases move more quickly through to resolution.
- Quick access to information makes the difference between answering a client inquiry immediately and getting back to the client later.
- Reporting will help the office analyze cases by type, location and division, and make recommendations to lower incidents.
“We will be better able to recommend ways to RBC’s business heads in which to reduce client irritants. i-Sight will give us an early warning of systemic or recurring issues so they can be addressed promptly and reduce the incidence of similar complaints in the future.”
- Wendy Knight, Ombudsman, RBC